Position: High School Math Teacher – All Levels, 2017-18 Open Call - Full time
Oakland School for the Arts (OSA) is a dynamic, thriving, diverse charter school in an urban environment that serves approximately 750 students in grades 6-12. We are seeking applicants for high school math teachers to join our outstanding faculty in 17/18.
Click here to watch a video to get a look into the school.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of and experience teaching in accordance with Common Core Math standards and Mathematical Practices as well as assessment
- Experience teaching College Preparatory Math (CPM) a plus. New hires will need to take one week training during the summer
- An unwavering commitment to students and the school community
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with the school community, including students, staff and parents
- The desire and ability to contribute to student and community life inside and outside the classroom
- Ability to integrate theory with practice in designing and implementing appropriate learning strategies for each student
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
- Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community
- Commitment to professional development
- The ideal candidate must be committed to our vision and possess excellent classroom management skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- California Teacher Credential in Math or ability to obtain an Interim Credential
- Experience working successfully with high school age students
Apply via Edjoin - www.edjoin.org.
No calls please