Bellarmine College Preparatory: Math Teacher Opening
Bellarmine College Preparatory, a Jesuit secondary school, has been educating young “men for and with others” in the tradition of St. Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus, since 1851.
Bellarmine College Preparatory, located in San José, California invites applications for a full-time Math teaching position beginning August, 2018. Highest priority is given to candidates with a degree in a STEM-related field and math teaching experience at the high school level. Bellarmine is transitioning to the College Prep Math (CPM) curriculum, and familiarity with this curriculum is desired, though not required, as training will be provided. Working at Bellarmine Preparatory requires a commitment to the mission and values of the school, as well as an enthusiasm for contributing to its co-curricular programs.
Bellarmine complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and considers reasonable accommodations that may be necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Teach multiple sections of Math
- Develop and deliver curriculum centered on group-based problem solving and productive classroom discussion, with the objective of building procedural fluency from sense-making and conceptual understanding
- Collaborate with colleagues on Math curriculum, instruction, and assessments
- Hold regular office hours and meet with students who need assistance
- Communicate regularly with parents, counselors, and administrators to ensure the success of each student
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Fulfill periodic substitution and perfecting responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in the subject area (or STEM related field)
- Experience teaching at high school level
- Knowledge of the latest pedagogies for teaching Math
- Experience with the use of educational technology in the classroom • Excellent organizational and communication skills
- emonstrated commitment to cultural proficiency Preferred Qualifications:
- A Secondary School Teaching Credential and/or Master’s Degree
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, using proper liftingtechniques
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or move around the classroom as needed
- Ability to safely and comfortably travel around our campus
- Ability to use a keyboard (or an alternative input device) and other office equipment
- Ability to read information in printed material and on a computer screen, often for extended periods of time
- This position is classified as a Regular Full Time Exempt position
- This position is eligible for benefits
To Apply Online: Please complete the Bellarmine Faculty Application Form located on our employment web page under Employment Applications and send along with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Math Teacher” in the subject line of the e-mail.
To Send by Mail: Bellarmine College Preparatory
Attn: Human Resources
960 West Hedding Street San Jose, CA 95126
Bellarmine College Preparatory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ethnicity, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, medical condition, age, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.