MATHEMATICS TEACHER OPENING
Description: Mathematics teacher with specialized knowledge of mathematics research, effective instructional strategies, and varied assessment practices. Mathematics teachers implement the Utah Core Content and Math Practices, provide needed support for student success, and collaborates with colleagues to increase student achievement.
- Current Utah Teaching License with Mathematics Level IV Endorsement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and faculty.
- Thorough understanding of mathematics, including knowledge of the Utah Core Curriculum for Mathematics.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and learning and the ability to model effective strategies.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Experience working in collaborative groups in varied roles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative/cooperative relationships.
- Understanding the value of data and appropriate use of assessment strategies to meet student needs.
- Ability to reflect on personal practice.
- Ability to effectively use technology for various purposes.
- Knowledge of research in mathematics, best practices, curriculum and data.
- Broad range of professional development experience.
Favorable consideration will be given to candidates:
- ELL endorsement
- Additional endorsement
- Familiar with CPM
- Complete Academy for Math, Engineering and Science application
- Three letters of recommendation, one from current principal
SALARY: Determined by the Academy for Math, Engineering and Science.
CLOSES: Open until filled
To apply for this position please submit an application to:
Academy for Math, Engineering and Science
5715 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
Attention: Nancy Carpenter
Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
This is for a full time position