School Year: 2023-2024
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Hawken School is seeking a full time Math Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The Hawken math curriculum features a core sequence through Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Precalculus, and Calculus. Students can also pursue elective offerings. These include year-long courses in Statistics, as well as 3-week Intensive courses in which students engage in hands-on deep dives into topics such as financial math, electoral math, non-Euclidean geometry, cryptology, and the history and philosophy of mathematics. Development of new Intensives that respond to the requests of our students is one goal of the department.
Apply Now: https://www.hawken.edu/list-detail?pk=206760&fromId=161886
Please send a resume, references, and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or related field required; Masters and at least 3-5 years of teaching experience preferred;
- Joyful enthusiasm, flexibility, good humor, and a team spirit necessary for curricular collaboration and innovation;
- A deep understanding of adolescence and a passion for working with teenagers as they engage the complex issues of today’s world;
- Familiarity with diverse ways of engaging students with a range of learning needs, enhanced by a desire to try new approaches;
- A passion for creatively designing unique programing within our department and across disciplines to support curriculum that encompasses interdisciplinary approaches, multicultural perspectives, and experiential opportunities in and out of the classroom;
- A continuous commitment to improve teaching proficiency;
- Knowledge about, or openness to, approaches to math pedagogy that prioritize students’ construction of deep and robust conceptual understanding through productive struggle and mathematical discourse.