Position Title: Math Teacher, Grades 6-9 (Secondary Math Endorsement)
Supervisor: CAO / Principal
Contract Date: Mid August to Early June
Start Date: August 2023
To apply, please email Resume and Cover Letter to Deborah Candler, email@example.com.
Salt Lake Arts Academy, the top-rated Public Charter Middle School in Salt Lake City, is looking for a part-time Math Teacher to join our highly skilled Math Department team, focusing on teaching our honors classes for 6th and 8th grade students. Inquiry-based learning is a daily practice in our math department, using College Preparatory Math (CPM). It is incredibly rare for a whole lesson to rely on direct instruction at our school. Our math teachers briefly introduce the learning goal at the beginning of the lesson, then their role becomes team support for the majority of class time. The CPM program focuses on collaborative learning, problem-based learning and mixed-spaced practice.
WORK REQUIREMENTS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- DEGREE INFORMATION: Bachelor’s Degree required
- LICENSE/ CERTIFICATION: Licensed teacher in Utah, Secondary Math Endorsement
SPECIALIZED SUBJECT KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of the instructional strategies, teaching principles, practices, techniques, and approaches specific for the College Preparatory Mathematics Program. If no prior experience with CPM, willingness to be trained over the summer; the school
- will pay for training time.
- A compassionate understanding of child development theories, developmental stages and needs.
- Knowledge of current instructional and educational trends and theories.
- Knowledge of assessment procedures and techniques, test construction, and evaluation methods.
- Knowledge of instructional technologies and software, equipment, tools, and devices used when presenting instruction, documenting assessments, and student progress.