Mark Coté, Issaquah, WA email@example.com
CPM is now 18 months into the accreditation process that began in January of 2021. During the summer of 2021, CPM was formally accepted as a candidate for accreditation. We are seeking accreditation status through the Middle States Association – Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS), which is recognized as a leading accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. To accomplish this goal, we continue to work diligently toward successful completion of the two-year accreditation process. Major milestones accomplished in this process include the following:
- Build a case for candidacy – Feb. 2021
- Apply for candidacy – March 2021
- Gain candidacy – June 2021
- Begin self-evaluation process – July 2021
- Stakeholder research and analysis complete – May 2022
- Self study 75% complete – July 2022
- Visit preparation and final self-study tasks – July through Nov. 2022
- MSA-CESS Team visit scheduled – Nov. 15, 2022
- Anticipated announcement regarding full accreditation – Jan. 2023
The CPM Accreditation Leadership Team, with the support of the Accreditation Planning Team and additional CPM personnel, has completed about 75% of the accreditation process and anticipates delivery of the project by the end of the calendar year, meeting the timeline proposed in January of 2021. As part of this process, some 50,000 data responses were collected from over 600 key CPM stakeholders; findings have been analyzed and reported as indicators of quality to meet the 12 MSA-CESS Standards for Accreditation. We are excited to share our self-study results with the MSA review committed this November.
Thank you to the following members of the Accreditation Planning Team for their critical contributions: Marcus Blakeney, Christine Edwards, Marianne Evashenk, Astrida Lizens, Rebecca Meeker, Misty Nikula, Jann Palmer, Sharon Rendon, and Jenni White.